A delicious pick-me-up which you can also serve to (unexpected) guests.
YOU WILL NEED
- 150 ml almond milk
- 2 cups cooled mate-tea
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
HOW TO PREPARE THE MACAFFEE
Remove the stones from the dates and blend all the ingredients.
Any foam on top of the almond milk can be saved for topping the coffee. Pour into a fine coffee glass, sprinkle with raw cocoa powder and enjoy.
There is as such nothing bad about coffee beans – in fact there are many good properties in coffee. The problem is more how we use the coffee. Or rather: How we abuse coffee. Very often coffee drinking is a daily routine, a habit, which we cannot quite break out of in order to wake up, to get energy, to get through the day. Some people need a coffee fix ̶ and preferably several times a day. If you have problems waking up properly in the morning, maybe it is because you do not get enough sleep? Or maybe it is because you are not sleeping very well? At the same time most people are dehydrated and need fluid after a long night’s sleep. Coffee is diuretic and in that way increases our lack of fluid. When we drink coffee because we are tired, we are pushing our body to use all its energy reserves, and that does not pay in the long run ̶ on the contrary.
Good advice for fatigue:
- Sleep at least 7-9 hours in a dark and quiet room.
- Drink a relaxing tea before going to bed.
- Eat nutritious food evenly spread out over the day instead of quick energy fixes.
- Drink plenty of fluid, for example green juices and smoothies, electrolyte lemonade from my Raw Snacks book or just a large glass of cold water.
- If you need extra energy in the morning or in the middle of the day, then try an invigorating mate tea, matcha or a little raw cocoa.
The Hormone Diet - mini course
In my 3 weeks online course: 'The Hormone Diet - mini course', you can learn much more about fatigue and how to sleep well, by changing your habits to obtain hormonal balance. Sign up to my newsletter, and find out when 'The Hormone Diet - mini course' is available to you.